Nowcom is a leading provider of dealer management solutions (DMS), specifically catering to the independent automobile dealer’s needs. DealerCenter is Nowcom’s all in one dealer management software solution that gives the dealer total control over their sales, inventory, insurance offerings, and financing through a web-based platform. As an authorized credit reseller, Nowcom provides dealerships access to all three major credit bureaus. DealerCenter.net is utilized by over 19,000 dealerships across the United States.
Additionally, as a part of the Hankey Group of Companies, Nowcom provides infrastructure support, custom software development, and call center services to its seven sister companies. Along with the other companies in the organization, Nowcom has experienced 20% growth YoY over the last decade. The Hankey Group employs over 2,800 people and has assets exceeding $8.9 billion. Nowcom has 4 offices located across the globe, with locations in India, Philippines, Marina Del Rey, and Los Angeles.
Los Angeles, CA
Nowcom is ideally located near the heart of the city next to the Miracle Mile district along Wilshire Blvd. South of Hollywood and in between Downtown and Santa Monica, nothing in Los Angeles seems to be too far from Nowcom’s headquarters near Wilshire Blvd and Highland Ave.
Culture and Benefits
At Nowcom, we fully understand that a company’s most valuable resource is its people. Nowcom offers a generous benefits package that includes up to 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401K and ESOP matching program, company retreats and outings, as well as a partially sponsored health and wellness benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Nowcom also offers access to a corporate gym and on-site yoga classes at its main location on Wilshire Blvd.
As a key member of the Infrastructure Team, you will use your strong infrastructure skills to build the next generation platform for our new Datacenter. Ensuring high availability and stability on both production and development system. This is high pace working environment, always continuing to push envelope of technology. Do you have what it takes to join a highly talented team and evolve to the next level?
- Build, run and automate all our infrastructure environments, with a specific 24/7 constraint on our production environment.
- Maintain the core infrastructure components: servers, network devices, firewalls, and infrastructure software solutions.
- Build and maintain tools for automation, integration, deployment, backup, monitoring and operations, allowing for a sub-linear scale-up of our activities. We strive for infrastructure as code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments.
- Be part of the on-call rotation of the team.
- Design and validate the hardware layer sustaining our solutions, based on resiliency and performance expectations..
- Build, run and work with the Development and DEVOPS teams to continuously help them to seamlessly works within the environment.
- Mentor to Jr. level staff.
As a senior infrastructure engineer, you are expected to evolve and develop expertise rapidly in a wide range of ever changing technologies; as such the requirements below are not exhaustive and we will always expect more.
- Willingness and ability to ingest new technologies at blazing speed. Passion for your job is a plus.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as well as geographical areas (virtually, and sometimes physically).
- Ability to find, use, glue and extend a variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Expertise in Linux environments, such as Red Hat. CentOS and Ubuntu are preferred. Microsoft Windows knowledge is plus.
- Experience with VMware ESX, and KVM
- Proficiency in the networking area. F5, Palo Alto Network, Calico, Cisco, and Arista.
- Advanced with Puppet/Foreman.
- Advanced with Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Working ability to code and script (i.e. Python, Shell, Ruby).
- Data management skills.
- Process re-engineering skills.