Nowcom is a leading provider of dealer management solutions (DMS), specifically catering to the independent automobile dealer’s needs. DealerCenter is Nowcom’s all in one dealer management software solution that gives the dealer total control over their sales, inventory, insurance offerings, and financing through a web-based platform. As an authorized credit reseller, Nowcom provides dealerships access to all three major credit bureaus. DealerCenter.net is utilized by over 19,000 dealerships across the United States.
Additionally, as a part of the Hankey Group of Companies, Nowcom provides infrastructure support, custom software development, and call center services to its seven sister companies. Along with the other companies in the organization, Nowcom has experienced 20% growth YoY over the last decade. The Hankey Group employs over 2,800 people and has assets exceeding $8.9 billion. Nowcom has 4 offices located across the globe, with locations in India, Philippines, Marina Del Rey, and Los Angeles.
Los Angeles, CA
Nowcom is ideally located near the heart of the city next to the Miracle Mile district along Wilshire Blvd. South of Hollywood and in between Downtown and Santa Monica, nothing in Los Angeles seems to be too far from Nowcom’s headquarters near Wilshire Blvd and Highland Ave.
Culture and Benefits
At Nowcom, we fully understand that a company’s most valuable resource is its people. Nowcom offers a generous benefits package that includes up to 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401K and ESOP matching program, company retreats and outings, as well as a partially sponsored health and wellness benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Nowcom also offers access to a corporate gym and on-site yoga classes at its main location on Wilshire Blvd.
Sr. DevOps engineer is the resulting discipline that comes from taking a software development approach to supporting operational systems. We depend on innovation and technical excellence to develop IT systems that provide the edge. As such, the way in which we operate our systems must be as innovative as the way in which we develop them. As a member of the Nowcom development operations team, you will use your software engineering expertise to ensure availability, low latency, performance, and capacity for our various platforms and ever expanding portfolio of mission-critical applications. In addition to traditional systems operations responsibilities, you will fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against the ever evolving demands of our missions. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both, using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design to tackle complex problems and continually improve the reliability of our systems and processes.
A Development Operations Engineer works closely with developers, testers, and sysadmins to enable high-quality software development in an agile environment. Core Responsibilities
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Nowcom production systems.
- Create tools and release automation tools to management and maintain IT systems that require minimal intervention.
- Work with other application development teams to provide access to resources, guidance, and to optimize deployments.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties.
- Prototypes new innovative solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Passion for self-driven, continuous learning both in and out of office.
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more container orchestration technologies: Kubernetes, Mesosphere DC/OS, Docker Swarm.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Expertise in one or more of: PowerShell, Python, Bash, C#, Ansible, Go, C, C++.
- Experience in:
- ELK stack
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies: Octopus, Azure DevOps(VSTS), Jenkins, etc.
- Kubernetes in house management experience must have.
- Kubernetes in house management experience is a huge plus.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing).